There are more and more sites on the net devoted to fighting spam. Be careful, though, as some are from companies that actually send out UCE themselves! One, TipMail@tntcomtec.com, sent out a lot of UCE with the title "Tip Mail" that pretended to be a free newsletter. They actually had a pointer in that newsletter to their "Anti-Spam Network" web site. The domain seems to be gone now, so apparently their upstream provider finally had enough of the complaints.
- Forum for Responsible and Ethical Email
- Abuse.net's Boycott Internet Spam! is a good place for learning more about why people hate junk email so much.
- The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email is taking a political approach to fighting spam, trying to get legislation to outlaw it.
- Junkbuster gets into much more than spam on the net, adding junk postal mail, telemarketing, and so on.
- JunkEmail.Org is a new site from the Center for Democracy and Technology and Voters Telecommunication Watch.
- Spam-L is not a site about fighting spam, but about a mailing list on the subject. There are links to many good sites as well, though.
Last updated October 25, 2001